St Paul’s Primary School is one of two Catholic primary schools serving the local Catholic Parish of St Mary of the Assumption, Kealba-Keilor Downs. As a Catholic school we are placed at the heart of the Church; we celebrate Christ as the centre of our lives, calling us to be life-giving by the way we live the Gospel in our time and inspiring us to realise our Vision.
Enrolment Criteria & Priorities
Subject to any special exercise of discretion by the Parish Priest, the following list provides an agreed order of priority for enrolment in our school, which is consistent with the enrolment policy for all Catholic primary schools.
The order of priority is:
- Catholic children who are residents of the parish;
- Catholic children who do not reside in the parish but are recognised as parishioners by the Parish Priest;
- Catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons);
- Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside in the parish;
- Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside outside the parish;
- Other Christian children who reside in the parish;
- Other Christian children who reside outside the parish;
- Non-Christian children who reside in the parish; and
- Non-Christian children who reside outside the parish.
In offering enrolment to a child, it is an expectation that the family will agree to support and uphold the Catholic ethos, be involved in the sacramental and prayer life of the school and support the Education in Faith program and practices of the school.
Payment of fees and levies is a condition of enrolment. However, no family will be discouraged from applying for enrolment due to financial constraints. Families who do encounter financial hardship whilst enrolled at the school are invited to meet with the Principal or Principal’s delegate to discuss their needs. The school will always endeavour to support those families who are genuine in their requests.